Week 8: Atomic Learning

I searched for projects that would be fitting for the younger kids (PreK-2). I found one on creating a PowerPoint on the life cycle of a frog. I think this would be a good one to try next year. I know first grade does life cycles. I could also use the idea of creating a PowerPoint, but maybe on a different topic (like, their favorite book that they have read so far).

One problem would be getting access to the lab during the times that I have the specific class I am working with. I would also have trouble finding the time to do this since I only see each class thirty minutes a week and part of that time has to be for check out.

To make it successful I would first have to use the mobile lab. i would also need "buy-in" from the teacher so that she woud allow me extra time with her kids. I would also need the teacher to work with me in implementing the lesson. We all know that two adults in a room full of kids with computers is much more effective than just one adult.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing #12- Commenting

Chapters 4-6 Guided Reading

Thing #7- Exploring Google Tools