Libro Island- YALSA site

This site is focused on the Librarian that services the teenage reader. This really doesn't apply to me, but I still found a few interesting things to pass on. I noticed several papers had been posted on hot library issues as they relate to teens. These could be used when arguing these points to an administrator. These were all found in the Professional Development Center portion of the site.

I also found under this section a subsection labeled, Toolkits. While browsing around this section I found a few things that the high school librarian might possibly use. For example, I found a premade pamphlet on Social Networking that could be used by the High School Librarian while teaching online social networking safety. All of this can be located at:
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/yalsa/profdev/professionaldevelopment.cfm#resources

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing #12- Commenting

Chapters 4-6 Guided Reading

Thing #7- Exploring Google Tools