Search Island

I was totally amazed at all of the different options for searching. I knew about some, but others were brand new. I love, love, love that there are specific search engines for multimedia, blogs, and podcasts. These sites will definitely save lots of time!
I really like the blinkx site. I found myself needing videos last year to put into presentations for teachers AND students. I would usually try YouTube, but the things you get from that site aren't always of quality.
I do not think that there are any that I would throw back. You NEVER know when you need specific things. So, I would definitely keep all of these on hand. In fact, I did add a link to this site on my delicious account so that I will always have these on hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing #12- Commenting

Chapters 4-6 Guided Reading

Thing #7- Exploring Google Tools