Thing #17- Rollyo

I really like Rollyo. My favorite part about this site is that it will limit the number of results that our kids will get when doing an assigned search. For my custom Rollyo search I chose to do a search on Inventors. This is a collaborative unit I have done with a third grade teacher on my campus. The first time we did this unit we just searched for inventors under yahoo. You can imagine the number of results that gave us! For this exercise I called my search, Roland3rd. I used the following sites: The History channel, The Discovery channel, and Enchanted Learning.

The only thing I do not really like about this site is the paid advertisement sites that are dispersed throughout the results. Even though they are highlighted and we can teach kids to "ignore" those particular sites, I still think it is distracting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing #12- Commenting

Chapters 4-6 Guided Reading

Thing #7- Exploring Google Tools