Thing #8- RSS Feeds

I have to admit that when I saw that my next "thing" to learn was RSS Feeds, I put it off for many, many days. The only experience I had previously with RSS was with EBSCO training my district provided a few years ago. In that training we learned how to subsribe to the RSS for some of our favorite journals. It was cool at first. However, soon these journals started arriving in my inbox and I never had time to read them.

I was pleased to see that this time my experience was different. Once I decided to dig in, I really liked what I saw. I love how the Google Reader puts everything together in one place. This really helped me! I also love the list view. With the list I am able to see tidbits of what is out there and then decided whether or not to take the time to read it.

I will use the Google reader in my personal and professional life. I put a mixture of personal/professional interests in my reader. Hopefully now when I log on to the reader I can get a quick overview of what is new from both aspects of my life. This is going to save me so much time!!! No more clicking on all the various sites and waiting for the pages to load! It is now all at our fingertips! Yay!

Comments

  1. I consider my google Reader my GPS thru the interenet...I can always "get there" thru it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, like yourself, love the fact that Google reader puts things together in one place. I think one of the challenges of so much new technology is the ability to find and use things without having to go a bunch of places to do so. I also think the search device helps me finds things I never would have known were there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing #12- Commenting

Chapters 4-6 Guided Reading

Thing #7- Exploring Google Tools